[HOT] OpenAerialMap, UAVs and HOT mapping

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 16:07:11 UTC 2014

Hi all,

In case anyone is interested the OpenAerialMap project has a Google
Group for discussion of things related to the project.

My main interest is in using small UAVs to generate aerial imagery and
there has been some amazing pilot project work already done with small
UAV imagery in Haiti.

A nice write up about it and some video is here (French and English):

http://www.cartong.org/news/mission-uav-openstreetmap-en-ha%C3%AFti-premier-bilan

A more detailed illustration of the OpenAerialMap plans can be found here:

http://hotosm.github.io/OpenAerialMap/

So, if anyone else is interested in any of the OAM project parts or
using UAVs for aerial imagery, please join up with the Google Group
email list and introduce yourself.

Here is the link to the google group, I hope to see you there!

https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/forum/#!forum/openaerialmap

Regards,
Blake

PS: Here is a link to the announcement of the OpenAerialMap reboot:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2014-July/005451.html

(Apologies to those who got this twice, but I meant to send it also the
hot mailing list when I first posted it to osm-talk)