[HOT] Are there any detailed reports or research on the utilization of HOT maps on the ground?

Gideon Hartmann gidihart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 17:25:45 UTC 2014

Hey mappers,

whenever I tell friends about the HOT projects, I get a lot of sceptic
are even voices saying it is much more something to keep mappers
occupied than actual help.
If I go deeper into online research on the impact of HOT, I can find
some opinions here and there, but these are mostly very vague and based
on few people's opinions.
Is there more than "The maps helped a lot!" or "The maps could help in
case xxx..." anywhere?
Are there any quantitative data sets or any scientifically executed
interviews?

Keep mapping!