[HOT] Are there any detailed reports or research on the utilization of HOT maps on the ground?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 23:39:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am not really sure what you are saying when you say: "Is there more
than "The maps helped a lot!""

I think feedback like that from the groups that use the data we generate
are very convincing that the mapping we do helps on the ground. Further,
for me it is very informative that these same humanitarian groups do ask
the HOT specifically to do mapping for them. I do not think they would
ask us if they did not feel it helped them.

Also, there is a somewhat different scope of the HOT mapping that is
about empowering local communities outside of immediate crises.

Best wishes,
Blake