[HOT] Validating & TM2 - providing feedback to new mappers

Mark Cupitt markcupitt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 00:46:26 UTC 2014

Hi all, I have been a bit quiet, just coming back on line after one month
recovering form a Motor Bike Crash. Seems I am not as invincible as I
thought :)

Nick +1 for your comments, I totally agree. I also think and Opt In or Opt
Out Check Box "Please send me comments" on the Task for each User, or On
the Users Profile for all Tasks would be of a lot of use. Some users may
want feedback whilst some may not. The Validator then knows he is welcome
to provide feedback, tips and tricks which is a fantastic way of sharing
knowledge. To help police inappropriate Validation Comments, a "Report This
Validation Message" Button could be to be sent to someone in HOT to review
so that the system is not abused, as pretty much anyone could can be a
Validator.

Feedback from Validators provides a fantastic opportunity to learn,
especially for new users and the dialog that is created can only be of huge
benefit to those people who want it. When I started, I certainly would have
asked for feedback. Andrew B gave me a huge amount of help via mumble on
all sorts of tips and tricks .. and helped bring me closer to the HOT
Community in a lot of ways .

Cheers
Mark

Cheers

Mark

Regards

Mark Cupitt

"If we change the world, let it bear the mark of our intelligence"

Hire Me on Freelancer

See me on Open StreetMap <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mark_Cupitt>

See me on LinkedIn <http://ph.linkedin.com/in/markcupitt>

*See me on StackExchange <http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/17846/mark-c>*

The contents of this email are intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain
recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute,
or use the contents of this email. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the email and any attachments.