[HOT] Fwd: Re: Validating & TM2 - a send message button?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 02:19:24 UTC 2014

On 8/31/2014 6:49 AM, Ralf Stephan wrote:
> I don't understand this. Why require people to ask and use another link?
> Give direct feedback on a tile, that's what's needed. Irc is a time waster.

I have to disagree about irc.

I would love to be able to ask you (Ralf) a quick question in irc about
the SL GNS merge right now.

If you were idle in the hot irc channel I'd be able to ask you a
question that you could answer at your convenience.

The vast majority of the time the irc channel is no traffic, for days at
a time no one says anything, but the ability to ask a question and
usually get a quick response is great.

The way irc is used here and in osm in general is really the ideal way
for me: Idle/quite most of the time, good, easy quick way to ask a
question, ability to have a detailed back and forth if needed on a topic.