[HOT] GNS name merging discussion thread

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 12:50:12 UTC 2014

Just another tip that is possibly obvious to others, but wasn't to me
until recently:

When working with the older US Army topo maps I find myself adjusting
their offset at least a couple of times over the space of a task square.

If you are having trouble getting a good alignment for the map consider
drawing in some roads on the data layer if they are missing or sparse
around some names you are trying to place.

I am finding that if I can get some road network down, that will often
time help me match up or confirm the topo map for that local area.

Blake