[HOT] TM2 Feedback for contributors

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 01:30:36 UTC 2014

On 9/3/2014 4:04 PM, David Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a "thing" I've noticed that often squares are locked and seemingly
> finished and then unlocked instead of marked as finished. If that is
> really as widespread as I get the feeling it is, maybe the "unlock"
> button could be replaced/augmented by a "ask an experienced mapper to
> review my changes" button. Or detect when someone goes on
> locking/unlocking squares without ever finishing them.

Some new mappers are never going to mark a square done because they just
do not feel like the know enough to say it is done. And we get a lot of
new mappers.

If we want more more tasks marked done then I think the easiest, no real
code change, way is to just put some text on the task unlock/mark as
done panel that says something like:

"If it looks to you like the goals of this task have been completed for
this square, please mark it Done so it can be checked by another mapper."

Right now there is no text encouraging someone to mark a task done if it
looks like it might be done or explaining what Done means.