[HOT] Training or Coaching Task / Project within TM?

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 22:39:07 UTC 2014

Ralph,

Thanks for the offer of help - you're likely to see a request for help
approaching the 30th September when we have another Missing Maps Project
Mapathon in London.

I'm really hoping that Blake can make progress on a guide to satellite
imagery - it's been on my todo list for some time, but I'm conscious
I've started many things and it would be good if I actually finished a
few of them. Although I agree that starting new mappers with crisp
images would be good, I think it would be good to include a few fuzzy
ones in the guide to show what you have to deal with sometimes -
educated guessing?

At the moment I'm not intending to contact mappers who have not marked
as complete the squares they have opened. There can be genuine reasons -
it's happened to me several times. It can also be a question of
confidence & I don't want to frighten anyone away. If we can get a trial
area, and the trial works, then this may largely solve the problem. I
think also that the general discussion will have raised awareness & that
can make a difference as well.

Thanks again

Nick
(Tallguy)

--

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk
<mailto:treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk>)