[HOT] Training or Coaching Task / Project within TM?

Claire Halleux claire.halleux at hotosm.org
Fri Sep 12 01:51:15 UTC 2014

Hi Nick and Volunteers,

On Saturday morning, from 900 to 1300 UTC, we'll be having another small
mapathon/mapping party in Kinshasa in order to edit Ebola affected area in
DRC, using some new imagery. Nearly all of the participants will be
beginners, so I am planning to create another task with small squares and I
think this could be a good place for testing this type of training task.
Potential validators will be welcome to send feedback during the event. As
it usually gathers between 10 and 20 participants, a few validators would
be enough in theory.
Let me know if anyone would like to support this event,

Moreover, do you think exchanging messages within TM and OSM website will
be enough? or should we try to set up an additional skype group or anything
else for the event? IRC? (local participants have never used it as far as I
know, same with Mumble).

Best,

Claire

Claire Halleux