[HOT] Satellite imagery interpretation examples - looking for suggestions

Ralf Stephan gtrwst9 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 16:13:41 UTC 2014

As the Mapbnox imagery doesn't seem good enough to illustrate the photos
I collected, I stumbled upon this post by Pieren:

"The answer is 'no' for a mass use of Bing screenshots but I think
there is some place for occasional and limited amount of images,
especially when it is used to illustrate how "to trace from their
imagery into OSM". (ideally, the uploaded images in the wiki should be
downgraded with JOSM lines, making the image reuse for other purposes
impossible)."
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=23405

Since I'm planning exactly that, i.e., composing new images containing
a photo and
a tagged satellite excerpt, and this for about two dozen pictures in
the Wiki only,
I have the strong hope this may go through with our legal team.

Please raise objections now.

Regards,