[HOT] Training or Coaching Task / Project within TM?

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 18:00:55 UTC 2014

Claire,

I may be able to help a bit at the start of the session, but I have a
commitment for most of the day & evening - if there are any outstanding
squares for validation I will try to join in later at night.
  Could I suggest we try to keep it as close to normal as possible - if
I check a square & am happy, I will validate it, but may put a comment
in the comments box concerning any slight changes I may make. Because of
my lack of language skills, I created these two links on the wiki which
could be pasted into the comments box & hopefully would help to pass
information;
Buildings which have not been squared, but should have been
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Tasking_Manager/Validating_data/Buildings_feedback

Not adding a changeset comment when saving / uploading
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Tasking_Manager/Validating_data/Changeset_comment_missing

I sometimes send a message using the OSM message system, and on occasion
have linked the message with screenshots showing the changes I have made.

I strongly suspect that smaller squares will mean that it is more
difficult to interpret
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_Tag_Africa but this will not
be the fault of the new mapper, just an indication of how difficult it
is when you can only see a small area. It will need the validator(s) to
take an overview of several squares & change the tags appropriatly -
this is fairly easy once the mapper has done the difficult & time
consuming job of tracing the path / track / unclassified / residential

Hope this helps.

Regards & have a good day.

Nick

http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk