[HOT] Conference at GeONG, Chambery, France, OpenStreetMap Response to West Africa Ebola Outbreak

Augustin Doury augustindoury at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 14:32:57 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I forward you an email posted on HOT francophone mailing list, mostly
translated by googletranslate, in answer to Pierre last email :

Thank you very much Pierre for this assessment!

More information:
We were several francophone hotties at Geong forum with Pierre: Fred Moine,
Jean-Guilhem, Jorieke Vyncke, Nicolas Chavent, Pierre Giraud and myself. We
were able to take many lines of discussions with the actors mentioned by Pierre
and participate/animate the various roundtables and workshops, including
the workshop about exporting OSM data (via HOT Exports and Overpass) where
Nicolas, Jean Guilhem and Pierre Giraud were particularly active with Pierre
Béland.

Jorieke presented her work in Lubumbashi and Fred (+Jean-Guilhem and
Aurelien from CartONG and Andreas) has presented the workflow around the
production of aerial imagery in Haiti using drone. Jean-Guilhem presented
more specifically the process to make avaible the imagery for mapping in
JOSM.
Top if we can get links to your various presentations and Jean, the link to
view the satellite image on the gray river in a web browser.
Good day to all,

gus