[HOT] Mapping IDP camps in Maguindanao, Philippines

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 15:35:25 UTC 2015

Given the resources available I think it would be better to reduce the
scope and first map major roads and say settlements of more than five
houses.  If I look at what has been mapped a lot of individual buildings
have been mapped which is good but in the same time far more buildings
could have been mapped in settlements.

Currently I'm mapping another two projects both at 90+%, one one I'm
practically the only mapper left and and the other a high priority one the
number of active mappers completing tiles has dropped off considerably
recently.

So basically the concern if you like is this project is quite difficult to
map all the attributes asked for, a sample tile would be useful.  To be
honest unless it says on the roof in large friendly letters what it is it
could be a barn, warehouse, school, public building or place of worship.
So you can map a tile for roads, settlements and large buildings that look
interesting but you can't really tick the box to say its done and sometimes
box ticking helps the motivation.  The Philippines might be the place to
look for mappers who are motivated and know something about the area.

Cheerio John