[HOT] Mapping IDP camps in Maguindanao, Philippines

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 09:15:02 UTC 2015

Dear john,

Thank you very much for working on this job.  For an example of what I
think is complete, see my work on this task:
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/969#task/80

I agree that this is a very difficult task and, as you suggested, this
task might be best suited to focus just on roads and residential
areas. I will talk to ARMM-Heart this week to refine what data they
need and will revise the
instructions accordingly.  You are definitely correct that this task
is best suited for local PH-based mappers and, upon looking at the
changeset comment [0], majority of the mappers were PH based or at
least mapping the PH (this includes a few of the people we trained
when I went there to assist the IDP mapping request last week).

I foresee this as longer term response (not very urgent, but equally
important). I will probably be back (as a volunteer) on the field to
help the local responders but as I've said previously, security is a
concern so we map as much as we can remotely and integrate ground
validation to other humanitarian work.  Thanks again and your
contribution is very much appreciated.

[0] http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-changesets?comment=ARMM#11/6.9949/124.3810

cheers,
maning