[HOT] Nepal Earthquake Mapping- REQUEST FOR HELP

Nama Budhathoki namabudhathoki at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 04:00:30 UTC 2015

Hello All,

Just to give you updates from the field. Kathmandu Living Labs team have
assembled in a situation room. We are beginning to establish contact with
response agencies. We are already in touch with Nepal Redcross.

Here are the high priority areas for your help with mapping after
discussing here in the group.

1. Outskirts of Kathmandu Valley (
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4583125#map=13/27.7179/85.3337).
Please focus on north, east and north-east of  the valley.
2. Lamjung District : ( https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4588153 )
3. The major residential area in this district is Besisahar (
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/28.2271/84.3777 )
4. Nuwakot District : https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4583250
5. Gorkha District:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=27.9996&mlon=84.6235#map=14/27.9997/84.6235
6. https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4583249#map=10/28.0041/84.9490

We would like the following objects to be focused: road network, buildings,
open space (for helicopter landing).

Please create tasks in tasking manager accordingly.

We will send you more requests and guidelines as things evolve.

Nama
Nama R. Budhathoki, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Kathmandu Living Labs *(www.kathmandulivinglabs.org
<http://www.kathmandulivinglabs.org>)*