[HOT] AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 15:50:06 UTC 2015

Thanks Ralph, Pierre, Nama and Pete.

Ralph, I think that the process for learning is hard and that our
activation processes do need work. This is why I am so excited that some
people are meeting this week for the Activation Team and then for the HOT
Summit. We will get there. I would only ask that you warmly welcome new
people more. It is hard to learn and your note might have made them feel
not welcome.

Pierre, Absolutely, we all need to take care. I, too, and starting to feel
the strain of crisis actions. I will share some more about this tomorrow as
I promised myself that I would log off after work, have a meal, and go for
a walk. Health matters.

Pete, I am not sure this is the time to decide.

Nama - I agree that maybe we need to have a validation work around. Perhaps
someone can help on that? Many of you are so very experienced in this.

All - HOT is an open community. All of us have different skills and
skill-sets, we come from different cultures and are global. This is what
makes us amazing, and it is also hard. For all the new mappers, please do
read the guides and ask questions on the various channels. There are so
many mappers here. It should always be a safe place to ask a question on
the mailing list or IRC or mumble. This is part of the learning journey.
Yes, we have some changes to make and we will do so, but we are very much
guided by our Code of Conduct and our desire to grow and support people
with maps.

Thank you

Heather

Heather Leson