[HOT] TomNod integration for the next time around

Eric Gundersen eric at mapbox.com
Wed Apr 29 04:05:23 UTC 2015

Bill can you share more on this:
> as we move into damage assessment we're probably going to be a step behind the TomNod participants;

I don't really understand what TomNod does or why people contribute to a proprietary platforms like TomNod. Why do think OSM needs a platform like TomNod and what data do they bring to the table? Again, just trying to understand the value they bring -- the teams that started TomNod it is wicked cool and DIgitalGlobe, who bought TomNod, is a huge OSM lover - so lots of love.

-sent from the mobile-