[HOT] Questions regarding Missing Maps Mapping Party in the Netherlands

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Wed Feb 4 08:11:35 UTC 2015

The first question depends; do you want to do installation on all
computers present? Or would you prefer to have people use there
computer with minimal installation? In the last case, I would go for
ID as it will limit the time needed to perform installations and will
have you up and running faster. JOSM has it's strength in integration
with GPX and geotagged photo's. But you do not need that on HOT tasks.

Second question: Anyone can validate. It just takes a little common
sense and is more of a peer review.

> Hi,
>
> In the Netherlands we are organizing a Missing Maps Mapping Party the 14th
> of february.
> I'd really like your feedback on two questions we have:
>
> Firstly, which editor would you recommend for beginners? In Berlin during
> the Open Knowledge Festival I attended a HOT workshop where the iD editor
> was used; at the mapping party in Antwerp in december they used JOSM. Which
> one is the best for beginners?
>
> Secondly, we think it is important that tasks that are done are validated as
> soon as possible. Because of that we would like to 'appoint' an experienced
> mapper at the mapping party to validate the done tasks. But what are the
> requirements for this person? Can any experienced mapper validate tasks?
>
> Regards,
>
> Willy Bakker

Milo van der Linden
dogodigi