[HOT] Kindia Area - How to define an area with both habitat and proximity farming landuse ?

FOFANA BAZO BAGNOUMANA fofana.13bazo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 18:58:16 UTC 2015

 I also think that it would be important to define these activities, to
find tags to describe them. I confirm that we often see these proximity
farming activities around houses and it is hard to trace farming
independently of housing.

> In rural areas of Africa, we often see areas with a mix of habitat and
> farming landuse.
> See for example
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/10.40825/-12.15127
>
> For job OSM Tasking Manager - #892 - Épidémie d'Ebola, Guinée, Préfecture
> de Kindia, Réseau routier et zones résidentielles
> <http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/892>, creating polygons around the
> houses, we often trace only part of this area, ignoring the proximity
> farming activity.
>
> I am opening this discussion to see if we could find a way to take into
> account this proximity farming. For example, we could trace a larger
> polygon that include both activity and use two tags two refer to this
> landuse.
> 1. landuse=residential
> 2. ???=proximity_farming?
>
> Any comment, propositions?
>
> Pierre

Fofana B. Bazo,
Géographe, contributeur OpenStreetMap, Membre fondateur de la Communauté
OSM_BF