[HOT] Mapping in Dhaka, Bangladesh!

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 19:04:57 UTC 2015

Hi Jorieke,

I noticed a few buildings already mapped, like the ones in your
powerpoint slide showing "significant" buildings, often with brightly
colored roofs (blue, red, etc).

And they had roof:colour=* tags on them already in OSM.

Do you think those would help? It might help people find the buildings,
or identify which building is mapped: "Oh the one with the red roof"

But I do not know if the roof:colour=* information would be available to
the people using our mapping data.

Just wonder if you thought it would be a good idea or not. It is a small
thing, but I liked the idea when I saw it.

Cheers,
Blake