[HOT] OAM Pre-Project Sprint

Cristiano Giovando cristiano.giovando at hotosm.org
Wed Jan 21 06:50:09 UTC 2015

Hello HOTties and OSMers,

Sorry for cross-posting. I'm writing to let you know about the Open
Aerial Map (OAM) project and inviting anyone who is interested to join
us at the kickoff meeting this Thursday, January 22nd, 18:00UTC on IRC
[1].

OAM was conceptualized back in 2007 as a global catalog and repository
of open aerial imagery. Think of OSM but for imagery data. The idea is
to build a system where data can be uploaded in raw georeferenced
format and then made accessible through a tile server layer or OGC
WMS/WCS. The imagery can be contributed by anyone from an individual
drone mapper to a satellite image provider. OAM is then available to
HOT, the OSM community and anyone needing it for tracing or analysis.

Please join us on the OAM list [2] and looking forward to talking to
some of you on Thursday.

Cheers,

Cristiano

[1] https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.oftc.net/hot