[HOT] LearnOSM - updates

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 08:22:56 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:51 AM, Kate Chapman <kate.chapman at hotosm.org> wrote:
> Hi Althio,
>
> That is the original aim of transifex, but there are projects that use it to
> manage documentation translation as well. It is used for the InaSAFE
> documentation for example(1). The upside to it is it is very easy to get
> translators started and tracking of changes works well. The downside is many
> people don't like doing the translations as individual strings.
>
> Perhaps someone from HOT-id can mention their thoughts on this, since you
> are the ones most familiar with the process.

Hi all
two more HOT related projects keeping since many years the translation
workflow in Transifex are QGIS [1] and GeoNode [2]
>From my personal experience it is a very nice and reliable platform,
though I am talking from a developer perspective, and not from an end
user (translator) one.
best

[1] http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/document.html
[2] http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/organizational/contribute/contribute_to_translation.html