[HOT] uploading imagery to OpenAerialMap

Nate Smith nateasmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 22:35:12 UTC 2015

Dennis (and others interested) —

Cool, that’s great. There is no public upload mechanism at the moment so this will be a manual process for the time being. Development of an uploader will be included in the oam-server work: https://github.com/hotosm/oam-server.

In the meantime, we can upload some imagery manually. We should have a process if anyone is interested in prepping their data and we can try to help upload directly to S3.

Here’s a proposed process for how we can we can move these conversations to Github where we can track.

Process:

    - Open a ticket on the OpenAerialMap repo, tag with `new data` label
    - Detail out what and where you currently have data stored
    - Include a contact email for the imagery
    - If not public, make a public download available
    - Make sure we can identify acquistion date from the file name
    - We'll then coordinate downloading and putting on HOT’s S3 bucket

If you can open up a ticket, we can start tracking your imagery there and figure out a plan for getting it online.

Nate

--
Nate Smith