[HOT] validation

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 18:02:54 UTC 2015

>Another idea which comes to my mind: let contributors have a third choice
for their task. Apart from "Unlock" and "Mark task as done" something which
marks the task as done but calls for more-or-less immediate validation
because the contributor wants feedback about the quality of his work. Such
tiles would be displayed in a different colour and form a priority queue
for validation.

This reduces the pressure of a direct interaction but offers newbies a
feeling that they will not be left alone.

I like this idea but it would need some method of picking them up.  There
is probably a thousand open projects at the moment too many to scan through
for one person.  The tile needn't be completely done just a please verify
if what I've done so far is complete.

On a personal note your validations on 1094 were appreciated, it helped
lighten the validation load and provided a quicker turn round on the
validation.  Often when you look at a project the problem mappers haven't
mapped in seven months so there isn't much point in sending them any
feedback which is why I just scan three or four projects that way I can
validate a tile as soon as its done.

Cheerio John