[HOT] Peace Corps mapping for Vanuatu

Clark, Courtney cclark2 at peacecorps.gov
Fri Mar 20 19:56:51 UTC 2015

Hello HOT community,

The Peace Corps and Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of Washington DC will
host a Vanuatu response mapping event this coming Monday at our
headquarters. Vanuatu's current Peace Corps Volunteers will join via Google
Hangout from their evacuation point in Australia. At this point, we are
planning to ask the Vanuatu PCVs to use their local knowledge to map their
host communities and label key points such as communication towers, schools
and other buildings that can serve as shelters. Participants in the DC
event will map Vanuatu and other vulnerable islands in the South Pacific.

That said, I am writing to ask for any other suggestions that members of
this community might have regarding our geographic focus. Our Vanuatu
Volunteers have excellent local knowledge of the nation that we can
leverage.

Finally, the event is open to the public, so please come if you can!

Details:
Monday, March 23
6-8 pm
Shriver Hall, Peace Corps Headquarters
1111 20th St NW, Washington DC

Please email me with your suggestions, ideas and questions.

Cheers,

Courtney Clark

--
*Courtney Clark*
Innovation Fellow at the Office of Innovation, Peace Corps
*231.740.9595 <231.740.9595>* | *cclark2 at peacecorps.gov
<cclark2 at peacecorps.gov>*
RPCV Guinea 2012-2014