[HOT] Peace Corps mapping for Vanuatu

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 20 20:47:24 UTC 2015

Hi Courtney,

wonderful that you can have people with local knowledge.
Other then the more vital infrastructures, they can add other objects such as hotels, resorts, restaurants, etc. While this map is useful for emergency, it will also be used  to support economic activities in general.
If you want to concentrate on a specific area related to this Vanuatu response, we can prepare a Task manager job for the islands to look at, basically Port Villa and the southern islands.

People can also simply choose an island or a part of an island. To this regard, there are Kiribati and Tuvalu that have been affected to a lesser degree. We did not have time yet to respond for these areas. Kiribati  is a country not very high from the sea have been affected by the high waves.
Kiribati http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/571178#map=3/4.39/-153.63
Tuvalu http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2177266#map=4/-11.18/-175.96

I'll let you decide, but we will be happy to support you, contributing to this emergency response. Dont hesitate to contact me. And send us twitters about your operation.
 regard

Pierre
twitter pierzen