[HOT] One year ago the HOT community started West Africa Ebola response

Rod Bera rod at goarem.org
Mon Mar 23 09:06:02 UTC 2015

According to the logs on the HOT list it started on 24th, with 45-50
e-mails related to the ebola response in the first 24 hours, and 3 tasks
initiated that same day, which tends to show a pretty good reactiveness.

It could be instructive to do the same investigations directly in the
OSM base. My feeling is that on this crisis the emerging African OSM
communities made a difference.

Rod

On 22/03/15 17:01, Pierre Béland wrote:
> March 22 2014, we started to monitor this humanitarian response.
> Thanks to all of those who contributed, who are still supporting the
> humanitarians in the field.
>
> As discussed this week with the humanitarian organizations and UN
> Agencies on our skype coordination group, we should be both optimistic
> with the progress in reduction of cases and realistic in the efforts
> to maintain to control this epidemic and help the West Africa
> countries the most affected to build better sanitation conditions and
> restart the economies severly affected by the last year epidemic.
>
> See the twitter to thanks all the OSM contributors.
> https://twitter.com/pierzen/status/579626398857502720
>
> regard
>
> Pierre

Rod Béra,  MCF Géomatique                /   Lecturer, Geomatics
            et SIG pour l'Environnement  /    and Environmental GIS
Agrocampus-Ouest|65 r.Saint-Brieuc|CS84215|35042 Rennes cedex|France
+33 (0) 223 48 5553 - roderic.bera at agrocampus-ouest.fr