[HOT] One year ago the HOT community started West Africa Ebola response

fofana fofana.13bazo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:19:10 UTC 2015

I think it would be a good idea to produce stats in the OSM database and
even make a blog on the response of the OSM communities in Africa that
contributed despite the meager technical and financial resources and
Internet conditions failed to this activation.

 thank you Rod!

Le 23/03/2015 09:06, Rod Bera a écrit :
> According to the logs on the HOT list it started on 24th, with 45-50 e-mails related to the ebola
response in the first 24 hours, and 3 tasks initiated that same day,
which tends to show a pretty good reactiveness.

> It could be instructive to do the same investigations directly in the
OSM base. My feeling is that on this crisis the emerging African OSM
communities made a difference.

> Rod
>
> On 22/03/15 17:01, Pierre Béland wrote:
>> March 22 2014, we started to monitor this humanitarian response.
Thanks to all of those who contributed, who are still supporting the
humanitarians in the field.

>> As discussed this week with the humanitarian organizations and UN
Agencies on our skype coordination group, we should be both optimistic
with the progress in reduction of cases and realistic in the efforts to
maintain to control this epidemic and help the West Africa countries the
most affected to build better sanitation conditions and restart the
economies severly affected by the last year epidemic.