[HOT] Ebola Outbreak UNMEER Routing : Data Collection

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 23:22:53 UTC 2015

Tom,

Thanks for your interest in this. The site is maintained at
https://github.com/hotosm/learnosm, and the instructions on updating it
are found at
https://github.com/hotosm/learnosm/blob/gh-pages/CONTRIBUTING.md

I also have a repository where I've been testing things out, and I have
notes there on how to set up & maintain the files on my laptop after a
crash - they are not in a fit state to be published, but I successfully
used them when I recently changed my laptop. The notes are within the
issues here:

https://github.com/Nick-Tallguy/Testing_learnosm/issues

If you do use my notes, I'd be interested in feedback as some could be
incorporated into a quickstart guide.

Regards

Nick

On 27/03/15 18:12, Tom Taylor wrote:
> I don't know anything about the tools, but I'm good at documentation
> and this seems to be a chance for me to learn. If there is a formal
> LearnOSM project, how do I join and what E-mail lists should I sign up
> for?
>
> Tom Taylor
> tomt5454
>
> On 27/03/2015 8:17 AM, Pierre Béland wrote:
>> Thanks Nick
>>
>> Badly, the LearnOSM table of contents do not yet mention it. Blake also
>> mentionned to me after I sent this email.
>>
>> We need solutions to facilitate the management of the LearnOSM project.
>> Let's hope that we will have the possibility to progress on this over
>> the next year.
>> regard
>>
>> Pierre

>> *De :* Nick Allen <nick.allen.54 at gmail.com>
>> *À :* hot at openstreetmap.org
>> *Envoyé le :* Vendredi 27 mars 2015 7h46
>> *Objet :* Re: [HOT] Ebola Outbreak UNMEER Routing : Data Collection
>>
>> Pierre,
>>
>> This section of LearnOSM;
>>
>> http://learnosm.org/en/mobile-mapping/osmand/
>>
>> has sections on both OSMand & OSMTracker, but they are probably in need
>> of a review. I've been a long time user of both, and each has evolved,
>> but the principles in LearnOSM will probably be enough to get someone
>> started. The last time I checked on the stats, they were one of the most
>> visited sections of LearnOSM
>>
>> There has been a recent discussion thread on the googleGroups OSMand
>> section, and someone has posted this link (I haven't had the chance to
>> fully read it yet)
>>
>> https://joostschouppe.wordpress.com/2014/07/25/using-osmand-on-the-road/
>>
>> Also, the OSMand site itself http://osmand.net/ which contains some
>> info.
>>
>> And lastly, and the one I find easiest - on the app. itself, click on
>> the question mark and a help screen with links appears.
>>
>> I'd like to check the LearnOSM site on these subjects, but am completely
>> swamped at the moment, so can only offer to 'try when I can'.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Nick

Nick