[HOT] Request for Import: VDC Boundaries

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon May 4 18:20:28 UTC 2015

Prabhas,
we are starting a working group to look at imports. Blake has accepted to work on this. Other contributions from HOT contributors experienced with imports is welcome.
We first have to look at the license and if not clear enough, we have an agreement form that can be signed to import the data into OSM with ODbL license.
We also have to look at the quality of the data and establish a strategy how to import the data.

Once these are done, we can prepare a Task manager job to crowdsource this import effort. We generally this using a private Task were we invite more specialized contributors to look at the import and exchange among them about the challenges of this particular import.
This is basically our import workflow developped over the last years.

Pierre