[HOT] JOSM Banner about imagery might be misaligned?

Tom McDonald tmcd123 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 23:53:58 UTC 2015

Today, whenever I load Bing imagery in JOSM I get a banner at the top with
the message:

"Aerial imagery might be misaligned. Please check its offset using GPS
tracks!"

Anyone know why this is happening now and never before?

I tried IRC but no joy. I even reinstalled JOSM, tried JOSM on a new
computer, same thing.

For example, a old, validated, tile that I know was "Clean" before is
Task/square #1419 in Project #1018.

I am afraid to, and will not, do any more work until I understand what is
going on here.

Why is this happening?

Tom