[HOT] landslides

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Sun May 31 10:12:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thanks for this list of links John, and also for the landslides you had
traced and sent to this list on May 12.

After a request for information about landslides from Nepal echoed by
Kathmandu Living Labs, I've started a uMap collecting available vector
Nepal landslide inventories datasets, at http://u.osmfr.org/m/41452/

It includes in particular the dataset from BGS, Durham U & al dated 8
May 2015 that was available via HDX, the "28 May" update described by
Earthquakes without Frontiers
(http://ewf.nerc.ac.uk/2015/05/28/nepal-updated-28-may-landslide-inventory-following-25-april-nepal-earthquake/),
and landslide data extracted from Copernicus emergency management
service shapefiles. As well as your dataset, John, and the
"hazard=landslide" data available in OSM (including via a live overpass
query as an optional layer). The sources are described in the "Credits"
section, under the legend, with links for more details.

If someone wishes to help editing the uMap, just tell me. It would also
be interesting to know of other sources that could be added.

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem