[HOT] Photos from Nepal update

Katja Ulbert mail at katja-ulbert.de
Mon May 18 10:39:54 UTC 2015

Hi Mhairi and all,

it absolutely makes sense to me to collect post-earthquake pictures as
well as pre-earthquake ones as they will be helpful for the same
reasons. There seems to be a request for this additional kind of
information, so it would be great to bundle them all at one place. I
think there´s two possible options to do that

1. Public access: photos we own the copyright (or have the allowance
from the owner) and those that are public domain. We can use Creative
Commons, which make it easy to identify the different type of licences.
https://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/

2.Restricted access/collaboration by invitation: photos we find anywhere
on the web regardless to copyright, people can upload by themselves, no
surveillance needed.

I am a graphic designer, for this reason I am very aware of the
copyright issue, it shouldn´t be underestimated.

I favor the first option, but leave it to the community to decide. I am
very willing to take over the organisation and management of our photo
material including tagging, georeferencing and attributions. I am very
familiar with this kind of work.

Katja