[HOT] Using TMS Within QGIS

noah ahles noah.ahles at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 15:25:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to bring in Tile Mapping Service within QGIS
using the TileLayer plugin. I have attached a .tsv file that I am using to
try and access the Martadi imagery tiles from this page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nepal_imagery_hosted_by_Google_Crisis_Response

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for how to get this to work. I
want to create educational materials (labs) to show how OSM data/imagery
can be used to explore world events in great detail and tell a story about
how certain data is actually being utilized on the ground. For example, a
module may be:

a. Using the imagery and available data identify all of the IDP camps in a
neighborhood of Kathmandu
b. Estimate the population density assuming 3 people per X square meters of
tent
c. Given some total amount of resources (food, water, medical supplies,
clothing etc.), allocate X amount of resources to each IDP camp based on
that population density
d. Determine how long it will take to get to each camp assuming an average
speed of X km/hour while taking into account downed bridges and blocked
roads

Getting imagery into QGIS is my biggest hurdle so far!

Best,
Noah