[HOT] Idle curiosity

Tajalli Spencer tajalli_spencer at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 11 23:14:02 UTC 2015

What you trivialize as a "whim" is quite likely a decision
based a deeply held values applied in a very personal,
local, small scale fashion.  The choice may be informed by a
vastly different world view with an aesthetic expression
that can be quite confounding when taken out of context.
How a consensus is arrived at elsewhere can be very
different from what you're accustomed to.

You only see the position of a communication tower on a map,
but you don't understand why that spot was chosen because
you don't understand the local culture or have the physical
experience of the environment at small scale.  If the local
citizenry wishes to educate their government and
engage/develop governmental services, they will.  And if
they wish to operate in a fashion that seems to you
independent of their government, they will.  It is simply
their own business how they accomplish their goals.

If I want an educated civil service, I will educate my own
local civil service.  Help given elsewhere is according to
the wish to receive it, independent of my opinion of what
they should have. Otherwise, I would be setting myself up as
better than those whom I'm aiding.

Tajalli