[HOT] Cat-5 Hurricane Patricia heading to Mexican Pacific Coast

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 09:35:06 UTC 2015

Hi all:

You can download an Authorization of use of data here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/je68b52fe1ns3gm/Authorization%20of%20the%20use%20and%20sharing%20of%20data.pdf?dl=0

I don't know if there is an Spanish-translated one.

We got the same problem with CC-by when trying to import VDC
boundaries in Nepal after the earthquake. For me, this is a non-sense,
because if you release data with CC-by, you are mainly giving
permission to do whatever, and only asking for attribution, that can
go in the import wiki and metadata of the changeset (and also the
objects too).

The reason they give is just the opposite: that ODbL doesn't guarantee
that they will attribute the data according to the "restrictions" of
the CC-by license.

Sarah Hinchliff Pearson, Senior counsel of Creative Commons, was asked
about this and said clearly that ODbL is compatible with CC-by, but
not even this statement was sufficient.

Cheers,

Rafael.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Patricia