[HOT] How newer mappers can help a lot with the validation process

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:47:44 UTC 2016

That is a good point John, if anyone does a second look to map in
missing buildings in a "completed" task square you should leave a
comment on the task square that says you looked over the completed task
square and filled in all the missing buildings you could find.

For sure it is not a waste of time to review completed task squares, but
I agree, it probably only needs one going over before validation.

In addition, this is a very helpful way for new mappers to become better
mappers and contribute to an urgent priority project to get done well
and fast.

Tiny task squares help, but stuff still gets missed and often we don't
get the validation stage completed in time, no matter how important it
is so an informal review makes a big difference if that is what a
volunteer wants to do and can contribute.

Cheers,
Blake