[HOT] Maps of the Itaya and Napo Rivers in Peru

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 23:54:14 UTC 2016

A quick look shows that there is reasonable Bing imagery for parts of Peru,
there is also some mapbox imagery available.  If you know where to look use
openstreetmap
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1994109#map=12/-3.7541/-73.2410 to
zoom in to the area you're interested in then use that link on the website
with the lat and long to download the area into JOSM, after that you pull
in the imagery.  Is Africa certainly many of the cell phone towers can be
spotted from the satellite imagery.

Openstreetmap has the ability to hold the information you'd like, it
doesn't necessarily contain it.

Talk nicely to whoever pays for the health posts, they probably know where
they are.  With luck that information can be added to OpenStreetMap.  If
you want highways and settlements the best bet is to ask someone nicely to
set up a project in the task manager but be aware many projects do not get
completed within a reasonable time frame though I note some towns in Peru
look well mapped so there might be some local mappers you can smile at.

Cheerio John