[HOT] International Womens Day - Mapping locations and dates of incidents on OpenStreetMaps

Mhairi O'Hara mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org
Fri Feb 19 14:28:28 UTC 2016

Hello,

Sexual harrassment towards women has been increasing in Bali with a number
of individuals taking a stand by capturing images to post on Facebook to
shame and apprehend, and I would like to help assist by empowering women to
utilise OSM to further highlight and tackle these kinds of issues.

I am thinking of trying to create some kind of harassment map like they
have in Egypt (http://harassmap.org
). Ideally I would like to utilise OSM to capture and present this data
(type of incident and date, etc), but have not been able to find an
appropriate tag to use.

The tag 'incident' has been used in the past, once and perhaps
unofficially. So I was hoping to get some feedback and suggestions on how
to approach this. In fact the mapping of this kind of data doesn't seem to
exist on OSM, but is it something the community might be interested in
exploring?

Kind regards,

Mhairi

--