[HOT] Crowd2Map rural Tanzania

althio althio.forum at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 11:00:49 UTC 2016

Hi again Janet,

All the documentation that I know is:

- learnosm.org to start with,
- wiki.openstreetmap.org if you know what you are looking for.

regarding JOSM:
read/follow instructions to install and setup:
http://learnosm.org/en/josm/start-josm/
and additionally, to add a link to the OpenStreetMap site like you are
trying to do, you certainly need this:

   1. ‘Enable remote control’ needs to be ticked - found under Edit /
   Preferences / Remote Control

Most of the apps allow navigation, at least - Maps.me, - OSMTracker (need
to double check), - OSMAnd.

> Also I’m trying to download area maps to send to people –its working OK
for district level, but not at all for village level – is there any
documentation that you know of regarding best settings/format etc for this
please?

Do you mean for printing or screen or in-app?
Please give more details and I am sure someone on the list will be able to
recommend something.

Best

- althio