[HOT] Greetings, and a question about protocol

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:16:36 UTC 2016

​"Hi Hotties" the term grates with me as well.  However you have to
remember that many are from the states where it seems such forms of address
are normal.  I suspect it is to do with the fact that there aren't that
many people to greet compared to other places in the world.  Coming from
the UK my normal greeting might be eye contact whilst an American from a
smaller town makes a much more elaborate greeting.  There are people who
study these sorts of things.

>From a practical point of view anything we can do to make women more
comfortable I think we should do.   When I validate I note that the average
quality of mapping seems higher for mappers who appear to be female.
Whether that is because they are more motivated or not I wouldn't like to
say.

Cheerio John​