[HOT] A big thank you to HOT and OSM mappers from the Ministry of Disaster Management Sri Lanka

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Tue May 24 22:43:28 UTC 2016

Dr. S. Amalanathan, Secretary for Development, Ministry of Disaster
Management Sri Lanka took some time from his schedule while attending
the World Humanitarian Summit to find HOT's booth and stop to say
thank you in person to everyone contributing to this Activation
mapping.

Geoffrey Kateregga:
Dr. Amalanathan Ministry of Disaster mgt -Sri Lanka visiting our booth
is grateful for @hotosm Floods Activation
https://twitter.com/kateregga1/status/735101040081653760

Robert has some actual numbers for buildings mapped, but I do not have
them at the moment. The numbers were very impressive. A lot of people
helped to get a lot of building data generated.

Building data is a very important tool for response work and providing
as much as you did, in as tight a time frame as you did gave the Sri
Lanka DMC another important resource for a clear view on the
situation. That is what they asked you to do and you really stepped up
and helped. Thank you, thank you.

Still more to do of course before we are though. Please check the
Tasking Manager for new projects as we are expecting to do more
detailed mapping with roads for more focused areas (AOIs) from the
DMC. And we still need validators to keep on validating if they can.
They are among the unsung heroes of high quality OSM data.

Anyone new, please feel free to visit our YouTube channel to learn
more about mapping, how to map, and HOTOSM. And welcome aboard!

https://www.youtube.com/user/hotosm/playlists

Regards,
Blake
Blake Girardot