[HOT] Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana Address/Street Data

Sylvester Adjapong adjapongs at gmail.com
Wed May 25 16:13:14 UTC 2016

Hi all,
This has always been an issue regards to government data in Ghana. There's
alot of geodata available in silos with various government institutions and
not knowing what to do with it.

I worked on the Ghana street naming protect with some of the districts in
Ghana. They were not willing to give out the data to Google or
OpenStreetMap although I tried explaining the benefits to them. Am glad
they are willing now.

We could have alot of data to import to OpenStreetMap if they agree to
release the data. Maybe a training on how to do that technically will help
as well how to help update it will be of great benefit to these planning
officers.

Will be interested to see how things go with this one. Am currently also in
the Western Region-Takoradi.

Regards,
Sylvester