[HOT] Sierra Leone Imagery for non-profit?

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Thu Nov 24 15:11:22 UTC 2016

Le 22/11/2016 à 11:46, Thomas Kandler a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
> sorry for the OT, but I have a question with seems suitable for the
> audience:
>
> is it possible to aquire high-res imagery (meaning <=10m + maybe
> multispectral) for non-profit use in Sierra Leone in a cost-saving way?
>
> The non-profit is aiming to map out the mining activity in the whole
> country to get a grip on the administration of those activities.
> Unfortunately they have little to no funds for software or data.
>

> Just a shot in the dark from me, so ignore if too OT.
>

> Thanks & have a great day
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

For free 10 m resolution imagery - that could be suitable for mapping
mining activity -, you could have a look at Sentinel 2 satellite images
(also multispectral, with various lower resolutions):
http://sentinel-pds.s3-website.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/browser.html

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem

--
"Corruption is the abuse of entrusted power for private gain."
Transparency International