[HOT] A new and different way to help map in Guatemala (we need you) - MapSwipe Guatemala

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Fri Sep 9 19:43:38 UTC 2016

Greetings!

If you have not checked out MSF's MapSwipe application to help map via
a smart phone or tablet when you have a few minutes or just want to do
some really really easy mapping that requires no thinking and 1
finger, this is a perfect opportunity!

Help us MapSwipe map the Escuintla Department in Guatemala!

IOS https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mapswipe/id1133855392?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.missingmaps.mapswipe

This is one of the most important districts in Guatemala, accounting
for nearly 50% of GDP and over 40% of all the malaria cases.

Clinton Health Access Initiative is working among a large set of
organizations (Council of Health Ministries of Central America and
Dominican Republic, PAHO, CDC, and the Carter Foundation, plus others)
in MesoAmerica to help eliminate malaria in Guatemala by 2020.
Currently Guatemala is in the "pre-elimination" phase and building
footprints will help them significantly as they progress toward
elimination, just like it has been doing in Swaziland and other places
around the world.

But in Guatemala CHAI is going to have building footprints a lot
earlier in the process!

MapSwipe is the first stage of mapping. Seriously, check this out and
do some tapping and swiping, it will make our mapping go much faster
and be much more efficient.

Install the app and then select the "MapSwipe Guatemala" project - We
can get this done in a few days I am sure!

Then, after we get CHAI's part of Guatemala done, there are other
projects on MapSwipe that need the same sort of data.

You are going to find this a really easy way to contribute to HOT and
MissingMaps, it is no replacement for full detailed HOT mapping, but
it is an amazing tool to make all our mapping more efficient. I do it
all the time when I am too tired to do regular OSM mapping, but I
still want to do something to help.

MapSwipe Guatemala!
Blake

Blake Girardot