[HOT] Mapping buildings something to think about

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 09:32:42 UTC 2017

Maybe we're explaining it to them wrong, somehow.

It's more likely that it's too easy to do it wrong though. These issues
keep coming back and haunt us.

Anyway, I went in and tried it myself, once more.

'3' (to draw an area, I like keyboard shortcuts)
4 mouse clicks + enter or 5 mouse clicks, depending if you close the shape
or not.

Pressing 's' along the way here has different outcomes. That's not the way
to go.

Pressing enter gives back the dialog to turn it into a building (if you had
mapped a building before). That's good.
Only now, the mapper should press 's' before moving on.

Knowing myself, I would also forget about that.

In JOSM I press 'b', then 3 mouse clicks and I have a building. Tagged and
squared the way it should be.

If it's  L-shaped, I press 'x', double click on a side and extrude a part
of it.

If I somehow got it wrong, I press 'w', move the nodes to the corners, then
press 'q'. That's also what I do/did to fix all those unsquared buildings
when validating tasks.

Polyglot