[HOT] sporadic validation report

Nate Smith nate at hotosm.org
Wed Dec 13 19:51:33 UTC 2017

Thanks Mikel, agreed.

We had a HOT management meeting in DC last week and this was a topic of
conversation. We discussed the steps we can take to help support a vibrant
developer community. We started outlining some of this a few weeks ago:
https://www.hotosm.org/updates/2017-11-22_hot_tech_in_2018.

To share with everyone more about what this is starting to look like — we
will be looking to add to that with better defined roadmaps of the tools or
updates that are needed; better use of the tech working group to
participate in those roadmap discussions; and create more clear ways to not
just to say something could be better but help participate in a software
development process - which isn’t just about writing code. This will be for
both HOT-lead tools like the Tasking Manager but also for other tools that
HOT uses within the OSM ecosystem.

We’ve started this with adjusting how we’re running our Tech Working Group
meetings. We’ve added an Asia working group meeting to meet earlier in the
day. We’re planning to outline what will be discussed ahead of time so you
can know when and how you can participate.

This takes a lot of work and is a community effort; come be a part of this
process! Join the Tech Working Group,
https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/forum/#!forum/techwg, or
just contact me directly.

Nate