[HOT] Starting a new mapping project

Manuel Claeys Bouuaert manuel.claeys.b at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 13:18:52 UTC 2017

Hi

I've organised a few Missing maps events now, and for our next one, we are
thinking of a new possible task in a nature reserver in DRC Congo. Together
with a local partner, we'd like to map roads and residential areas in the
park, and, if possible, also (illegal) mining activities.

My questions are:

   1. Is it possible for us to start/propose a new task ourselves? Any
   documentation on starting/proposing a task?
   2. We'd need to check if the best imagery available is good enough for
   the task we're thinking of. Is there a way I could check this?

Thanks for you help