[HOT] Data Collection

Yantisa Akhadi yantisa.akhadi at hotosm.org
Tue Mar 7 01:32:05 UTC 2017

Hi Gertrude,

I will try to answer some of the questions. For 1, I suggest to not put the
data in OSM, although we can put private data using custom tag and it won't
be rendered but people can still see it when they query the feature. I
suggest to put private data in another platform and then put authentication
(user+password) if they want to access it.

Couple of years ago HOT develop Separate Data Store
<https://github.com/hotosm/sds-server> for this purpose, so that we can
store private data of an OSM object by linking it to their ID, yet I think
this project is not actively maintained anymore. Alternatively we can use
WebGIS platform which use OSM as its basemap and then put the private data
as layer on top of it. We use this for several of our projects in
Indonesia, although in our case the data is not private but you can surely
put additional login mechanism if you only want specific people to access
it. One example is how we use GIS Cloud to visualize flood report
<https://openstreetmap.id/en/mengintegrasikan-aplikasi-geo-data-collect-gdc-dan-platform-gis-cloud-untuk-pelaporan-bencana/>
from GeoDataCollect (an ODK Collect variant) app.

Best,

*Yantisa Akhadi (Iyan)*
*Project Manager for Indonesia*
*Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team*