[HOT] Inflationary use of the mailinglist

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Sun Mar 26 16:56:24 UTC 2017

Hi Julian,

Thank you very much for being a part of the HOT community!

HOT is doing mapping every day of the week and while there are times
of severe crisis after a disaster when our mapping is focused and
dramatically increased, the daily mapping for humanitarian projects is
very important as well.

And the HOT email list is the only place we as a community can ask
questions and discuss different aspects of how we do things or address
issues that affect everyone in the HOT community. Even if sometimes it
might get into the weeds.

Your email is a good reminder that emails to the HOT list go to a lot
of folks, and it is good make sure the emails are relevant to HOT and
take a few minutes and see if there is a better, more focused place
for some questions or comments.

But, if you are ever in doubt but are not sure where to ask, you can
always ask on the HOT email list, we are here to support each other
and usually if you have a question, so do others.

For too many HOT Email list emails, there are a couple of options:

1. Subscribe to HOT's announce only email list. This is where we send
our monthly HOT Newsletter and disaster mapping notifications. You
will know when there is a disaster crisis mapping event and be able to
keep up on HOT happenings via our Newsletter. This might be the best
option if you only want to be notified of disaster activities. You can
sign up for it here http://eepurl.com/bC7JBj

2. Digest mode, you can change your preferences to only get an email
once a day with a list of the emails for day in it.
your email address, button "Unsubscribe or Edit Options"

Thank you again!

Cheers,
Blake